총 게시물 5건, 최근 0 건 안내 글쓰기
이전글  목록 글쓰기

이기영 교수의 편지 (Dr. Ki-Young Lee' Letter), Oct 30, 2011

글쓴이 : 운영자 날짜 : 2015-04-17 (금) 16:41 조회 : 4989
October 30, 2010 
Welcoming Remarks

Greetings, Welcome to CKSF’s gala.  I am very delighted to welcome our distinguishedguests, Mr. Rob Anders, the Southwest Conservative MP, communityleaders, supporters of our foundation, past and new CKSF award recipients,and their parents.  Today, we are gathered here to celebrate andcongratulate this year’s CKSF scholarship recipients, some of the very fineemerging leaders in our community.

There are more than 30,000 Korean-Canadians living in southern Alberta,including Calgary, Lethbridge, and its vicinity.  We anticipate that thisnumber will grow with the increasing number of Koreans immigrating,particularly in Calgary.  One of the major reasons for immigration is toprovide advanced education for the children.  As our children adapt and findtheir place in a new country, we have established CKSF as a way toencourage, support, and recognize academic excellence and special talentsamong our youth.  Indeed, CKSF’s vision is to (i) make our youth’s dreams a reality, (ii) generateinternational leaders, manifesting excellence, embracing diversity, inspiring confidence, andengaging society, and (iii) be a stepping stone for career path development through encouragementand empowerment.  CKSF extends this vision to academically excellent non-Korean-Canadianstudents.  Since its inception in June 2008, CKSF has provided 71 scholarships to high school,undergraduate/college/university and medical students.  To further extend our mission and vision toour younger children, we have started offering a free summer camp to 34 elementary students thisyear.

Today, as we celebrate to award scholarships (academic excellence, special talent in the arts andsports, three year political endeavor scholarship and bursaries) to our recipients, let us alsocelebrate special thanks to our generous and dedicated donors, without their support, this occasionwould not have been possible. 

Ki-Young Lee, Ph.D.CKSF President 

hi
이전글  목록 글쓰기

총 게시물 5건, 최근 0 건 안내
제목
[https://youtu.be/i-czgtVO-v4]
Korean Scholarship Gala 2013
2013 CKSF Awards Day- Yonah Martin Greeting
October 30, 2010  Welcoming Remarks Greetings, Welcome to CKSF’s gala.  I am very delighted to welcome our distinguishedguests, Mr. Rob Anders, the Southwest Conservative MP, communityleaders, supporters of our foundation, past and new CKSF award recipients,and their parents.  Today, we are gathered here to celebrate andcongratulate this year’s CKSF scholarship recipients, some of the very fineemerging leaders in our community. There are more than 30,000 Korean-Canadians living in southern Alberta,including Calg…

캘거리한인회 캘거리노인회 캘거리한인라이온스클럽 캐코넷캘거리한인포털
Copyright ⓒ www.calgaryksf.org. All rights reserved.